After the Successful Galaxy S4 launch, Samsung launched the mini version of it the ‘Galaxy S4 Mini’ with lower specification and less features but still it is called an S4 mini and I’m sure that many of you guys have already bought it and enjoying your new Android phone. so in this post I will guide you guys to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Dual-Core 1.7 GHz Krait CPU and Adreno 305 GPU which will give a nice gaming performance, a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 540 x 960 and it also features an 8 MP camera with Full HD recording plus a 1.9 MP front facing camera. so that’s enough for specs now lets move on to the serious part.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Rooting voids your warranty and we’re not responsible if you brick your device. though if you follow the tutorial carefully there’s no chance of bricking.
- Backup all of your important data like Phone Contacts, Messages, Call logs etc before starting on the procedure.
- Install USB Drivers and Samsung Kies on you PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your phone, Settings > Application > Development > then enable USB Debugging.
Rooting the Galaxy S4 Mini -
- Download this Galaxy S4 Mini root package (link) and extract the folder in your PC, there will be three files there Kernel, CWM file and ODIN file. Install the ODIn from there.
- Now Switch off your Galaxy S4 Mini completely and then press Volume Down, Home and Power Button together so that your phone will get into the Download mode.
- Now Open the ODIN that you’ve install in your PC in step 1, now connect your S4 mini to your PC via USB Cable and give some time to the ODIn to get your device detected. you’ll get “Added” message showing on your ODIN screen and if you don’t get this message then please re-install all of the necessary drivers again.
- In the ODIN tool there will be 3 boxes given you’ve to uncheck F. Reset Time and then click on PDA button.
- Now you have to load the file which ends with name like Kernel.tar.md5 format. Clcik on Start button and let the phone Reboot after Rooting. Now Enter the Download Mode again on your S4 Mini like you did in Step 2.
- Now get back to the PC and in ODIN click on PDA and then select the file ending with serranoltexx.tar.md5 then click start and it will reboot your phone again after flashing the CWM Recovery !
Now Unplug the USb cable from the S4 Mini and switch off the phone again, Now Press Home + Volume Up + Power Button together to get into the recovery mode. after getting into the recovery mode select reboot system now and then Select “Yes” to confirm the root.
So now you have successfully install CWM Recovery and Rooted your S4 mini the last thing you need to do is to install the superuser app from the PlayStore (link) and start customizing your Galaxy S4 Mini.
If you guys have any problem downloading the rooting package then download the files separately which are taken from XDA thread.
Source : XDA Developers